Sundays are for Quidditch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Falcon Player Michael Rodriguez seeks to charge through the line of Pulverizers to score a goal.

Seekers compete against one another to try to grab the snitch’s “golden tail,” which will end the game.

Photos by Adam Reynoso

One thing Emerson is known for is our Quidditch teams—and for good reason. Running on broomsticks, dodging bludgers, and seeking for the golden snitch combine to make Quidditch games exciting, intense, and full of activity. Played every Sunday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. during the fall and spring, it’s the perfect excuse to step away from studying and spend some time outside in a fun and energetic atmosphere. Join the Berserkers, Pulverizers, Outlaws, Jaguars, and Falcons as they battle it out with one another to vie for a spot in the Griffith Cup game!

Spring 2011 Season’s lineup:

Sunday April 3rd
·      Pulverizers vs. Outlaws
·      Falcons vs. Jaguars
Sunday April 10th
·      Jaguars vs. Berserkers
·      Outlaws vs. Falcons
Sunday April 18th
·      Outlaws vs. Jaguars
·      Pulverizers vs. Berserkers
May 1st
·      Griffith Cup on Boston Common Softball Field

For more information on the Quidditch teams or how to get involved, visit their Facebook page!

Shana Wickett is a senior Print & Multimedia Journalism major at Emerson College with minors in Leadership & Management and Publishing. She is co-web director for Emerson's lifestyle magazine and a social media intern at Children's Hospital Boston. She previously was a city desk co-op at The Boston Globe and a news intern at The New Haven Register and Hersam Acorn Newspapers in Connecticut. She enjoys drinking too many macchiatos, singing loudly when no one's listening, dancing whenever possible, and learning how to cook a mean tomato sauce (slowly but surely). After graduating in May, Shana would love to manage and write web content for a company in Massachusetts or Connecticut, where her family lives.