Spring Makeup Tutorial

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Easter just passed, flowers are blooming, and warmer weather is right around the corner! A huge trend this Spring are pastel colors, but it’s important not not to go too far with it. If you want to rock the pastel craze without looking like an actual Easter egg, then keep on reading!

Start off with your basic foundation, try to keep it light because the bright sun can make makeup extremely obvious. If you want a more natural look, try using a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. Then apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Urban Decay’s Primer Potion). 

Next apply a lavender cream eyeshadow (I used an SXY Dual Sided Eye Pencil in Lilac Petal). 

[pagebreak]

Then apply a light purple eyeshadow on top in order to set the cream eyeshadow (I used Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Brown Eyes). Using both cream and powder eyeshadow makes the pigment more vibrant and last longer. 

Next, use a dark plum color to emphasize the crease. I used the same Physicians Formula palette. Make sure to blend it out afterwards to prevent harsh lines!

Then line your upper lash line with a black eyeliner (feel free to wing it if you’re feeling sassy). After you’ve lined the upper lash line in black, you can apply a dark purple eye liner over it and also to the lower lash line to add another dimension to your look. (I used the other end of the SXY Dual Sided Eye Pencil in Purple Orchid). 

[pagebreak]

Don’t forget to highlight your brow bone and inner corners to brighten up your face and make your eyes look bigger! (I used the lightest color Physicians Formula palette)

You’re almost done! Add some mascara and a shimmery lipgloss of your choice (I used Revlon’s Colorburst lipgloss in Peony)

[pagebreak]

Also use a matte rose blush (I used Wet N’ Wild’s Heather Silk) to make your face look springy and fresh. With the warmer weather approaching, its better to use matte face products to prevent you from looking oily or sweaty.

And there you go! The perfect spring makeup!

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.