Spring Break Staff Blog

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.
With Spring Break already over I’m sure we’ll all miss it, but Her Campus Emerson wants to share what we did over our glorious week off. Hopefully, in this way it stays in our memories a little longer to help us finish out the remaining of the semester. Some of us are shared our high-lights and low-lights but here are the activities (or not) that our staff was up to last week:

Krista Firkins-Staff Writer
Highlight: Enjoyed my favorite burger on the planet at Shake Shack in New York City, on the most beautiful day of the year so far!
Lowlight: Had to work at 6am four days in a row at the start of break… exhausting.

Christina Ferrera-Staff Writer
The high of my spring break was tanning in the North Carolina sun with my best friends.
The low of my spring break was getting a horrible sunburn…

Alicia Lazzaro-Staff Writer
Here’s some of what I did over break (it was all kind of a high-light!!):
Drag Show at Club Blu in Worcester, MA
Strip Club with my girlfriend and friends.
Bowling, Movies and lots and lots of food.

Emily McClure-Staff Writer
Hi-lights: Strolling the shops along the boardwalk in Tybee Island, GA. Soaking up the sun and buying cheap sunglasses? Nothing beats that! Also, I discovered the World Market over break. It’s a magical hippie wonderland! Everything is imported from outside of the United States, so this place has the coolest trickets and food options.

Grace Gibson-Staff Writer
I went to visit my best friend in Richmond (she goes to Virginia Commonwealth University) for a day, I chilled out at my house, and I went to my beach house for a couple of days with my mom and my dog. Fascinating stuff, I know. I did go to a party at this interesting house in Richmond; it was called “The Yerb” (don’t ask me why) and a bunch of guys lived in it, and they had all sorts of interesting, psychedelic art on the walls (yes, I’m pretty sure a bunch of stoners lived there), and apparently a party hadn’t been busted there in seven years. Also, I entered the party through this maze made out of white sheets decorated with Christmas lights into the (quite muddy) backyard. That whole experience sounded really weird, didn’t it? It was an interesting night!

Kassmin Williams-Staff Writer
A highlight from my spring break was an 80s party I went to on Saturday.
A low-light was applying to jobs, I’m graduating in May and I’m scared to death lol.

Kaela Holmes-Staff Writer
I spent a few days snowshoeing in the White Mountains in New Hampshire, used a nearby resorts heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi- score! – Highlight!

Had gift certificates for a massage and mani/pedi but didn’t have time to use them #firstworldpains – Lowlight :p

Rachel Woods-Staff Writer
Highlight: I got a new kitty named Cleo, and she’s a total boss.

Lowlight: I spent an entire day watching a movie marathon on the SyFy channel. I’m talking DinoCroc vs. Supergator, Ice Spiders, even Lake Placid 3. (Dangerous things happen when you’re too lazy to change the channel.)

Erin Appenzoller-Satff Writer, Co-Campus President
Highlight: Going to visit friends at Rutgers in New Jersey.
Low-light:  My cat died the week before break and as pathetic as it sounds, being home without her around was really hard :(

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.