This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Samantha Lerman

Major: Post-Production

Year: Freshman

Hobbies—drawing, reading, editing videos and playing squash.

What are you involved in on campus?—I work as a Segment Editor for the Emerson Channel’s Common Agenda and as an Editor for The Side Dish on EIV.

What can we expect with your work with these organizations?—Expect some great shows this semester and I hope to learn as much as I can from both experiences.

What can we expect from you in the future (project wise)?—Currently, I am working on a Holocaust documentary of my grandfather’s story and have other project ideas in store.

Who or what inspires you?—I’m inspired by all the hard work and effort that goes into the creation of multi-million dollar productions. Seeing such detail, especially in the area of post-production, inspires me to want to work hard to achieve that level.

Biggest accomplishment so far at Emerson?—My biggest accomplishment so far is creating a Holocaust documentary, working with professional equipment and getting to know the tricks of the business.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?—In 10 years, I see myself working in Los Angeles in the Post-Production field, either editing or working in special effects.

Dream job?—Working as an editor/VFX on a successful television show or movie.

Emerson contributor