Review of the Kendall and Kylie App

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

In 2015, the “Kim Kardashian App” raked in over $74 million. Now, Kendall and Kylie Jenner are following in their sister Kim’s footsteps. The new version of the “Kendall and Kylie App” immediately sparked conversation amongst its users.

Kendall and Kylie are hoping for a similar result to Kim’s app. With over 30.3 million Twitter followers between the two sisters, word of the app’s release spread rapidly. Anticipation grew over social media, resulting in the app’s abrupt popularity. 

As far as the quality of the app goes, it is well made, and has acquired a 4.5 star rating. The animation and scenarios within the game are universally pleasing, despite its lack of personal growth and productivity. Like any game, it continues to gradually advance, enabling the user to return to the game with the goal of completing a new level or task. It creates a virtual reality for the user by portraying the lives of Kendall and Kylie, as if the user is a part of it.

Some of the different aspects of the Jenner’s game include fashion, social life, and media, mimicking those of their popular reality show, “Keeping up with the Kardashians.”

There have been some technical glitches within the app; some have experienced the deletion of their progress every time they close the app, or abrupt shutdowns, seconds after it is opened. The Apple App Store has released a new, updated version that supposedly eliminated these glitches.

Sydney Korsunsky, an app user, described the Kendall and Kylie app: “It’s completely mindless and dumb, except for the fact that it sucks you in.” The app is successful because it does exactly that. It sucks you in.

I'm Mel, a hockey playing, musical performing, cat lover from Connecticut. An aspiring broadcast journalist, I hope to post content that captures the essence of emerson, while also encouraging others to make differences within their community.
Emerson contributor