Places To Go as the Weather Gets Nicer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s happening! The weather is getting warmer, and going outside isn’t such a chore anymore. But with blooming flowers and protruding grass comes the desperate need for ways to spend such beautiful days outdoors. Look no further, because this list of handy weather-permitting things to do will be perfect for sunny, warm days!

1. The Franklin Zoo

The Franklin Zoo is fun for all ages! Who doesn’t love seeing all different types of animals? When the sun is shining, walking around the zoo will be even more enjoyable. Even though you have to take the T to get there, it’s totally worth it!

2. A walk in the gardens

This may seem like something you’ve done a million times, but trust me when I say that after it’s been covered in snow and you’ve been cooped up inside for a season, you will appreciate a walk. The fresh air will do you lots of good, and you’ll be able to bask in the sunshine on the grass. 

3. Faneuil Hall

Yes, technically, you can go to Faneuil Hall in the winter and in the summer, but you don’t get to fully appreciate the outdoors area. There are often street performances there, carts selling more items, and tons of interesting people. Also, when it’s springtime, you can walk to Faneuil Hall from Emerson, and enjoy all the sights along the way.

4. The aquarium

The New England Aquarium is an amazing one, and it’s even better when you can take a walk over there and enjoy the harbor without bitter winds. Enjoy all the aquatic sea life the aquarium has to offer, and even take advantage of the touch tanks!

5. Walk the Freedom Trail

Educational and good exercise, the Freedom Trail is a great walk to take when it’s nice out. Stretch your legs and head outside. Don’t forget to learn about some of the United States’ greatest historical figures!

6. Head to Earl of Sandwich

Earl of Sandwich is located in the building on the right side of the Common, towards Boylston Street. It’s a delicious sandwich shop that has outdoor seating, gluten-free food, and options for everyone. Make sure to check it out!

There you go, collegiettes. A full list of things to do to get out and about as the weather is getting warmer. So, what are you waiting for?

Emerson contributor