This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Have you ever been at a party where people start to look at you saying “who brought her?” and you realize it’s because you’ve knocked over an entire bottle of red wine on your friends rug? If the answer is yes, you have committed a party foul. Don’t worry, it happens to everyone. Most of the time we try to maintain the essence of class and poise when navigating the social world, but if you don’t have at least one minor monthly party foul, you probably take yourself too seriously.

Everyone needs at least five stories of a time your best friend did something ridiculous and embarrassing at a party. I mean, who needs to watch a Keeping Up with the Kardashians marathon when your Saturday morning entertainment can consist of recounting what happened last night?

Whatever the party foul may be, I’m sure that there are lots of college students who have or are doing the same exact thing. Sure they’re not the classiest of moves, but they happen. Some of the most prevalent party fouls include:

– Losing stuff. This could be anything from an earring to your purse. I have seen people lose things that you may think are impossible to lose, like your shoes. It happens.

– Falling. This is especially common with girls who wear heels. Alcohol + heels = someone on their butt.

– Ripping clothing. Oftentimes this goes along with falling. I cannot tell you how many tights I have torn while out. Advice: don’t wear expensive clothes to parties.

– Walking into doors/walls/poles. This one can be really funny to watch, but not so funny to do. This is the stuff that makes YouTube gold.

– Spilling your drink. Probably the most common party foul. It happens, but try to be a good girl and clean it up.

– Telling everyone that you love them. Over and over again. We get it, Steph is your “best best best friend.” Now go drink some water.

– Hooking up with a myriad of different guys. This is where your friends should pull the plug and take you back to your dorm. Never a good idea, trust me.

– Throwing up in public. Sometimes you can’t help it, I get it. But try your best to at least get to a trash can or outside.

– Writing embarrassing tweets or Facebook posts. Social media should have a breathalyzer. If you see your friend make this mistake, be a doll and tell her to delete it. Friends don’t let friends embarrass themselves on the Internet.

– Telling everyone in sight exactly how “totally drunk you are.” Believe me, you’re not alone. But honestly, no one cares.

Moral of the story: don’t freak out if you commit a party foul, but let’s not make it a habit.

Shannon is a journalism major at Emerson College, where she is involved in many different organizations ranging from social media and writing to fashion and styling. Originally from New Hampshire, she loves Boston and one day wants to work for a news station in either Boston or New York City.
Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop