This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Boston Common

The Common, located directly across the street from the Emerson campus, is a nice location to take a walk when the weather is nice (or tan depending on the weather). You sometimes need to watch out for the obscene amount of pigeons and people asking for money—and everyone knows not to walk in the Common alone at night, but during the day it’s a wonderful place with diverse people. If you’re a people watcher, this is where you want to be. 

Public Garden

The Public Garden is the perfect place to take a stroll in the Spring. They finally filled the pond back up and the trees are budding. Don’t forget about the Swan Boats! The Swan Boat season starts this Saturday, April 14! This park isn’t as open as some of the others, being shaded by trees, but it has a calming atmosphere. If you decide to walk through the Garden, look at the statues. You’ll find some interesting history in this park. 

Christopher Columbus Park

The Christopher Columbus Park, in the North End, was Boston’s first waterfront park. In the spring and summer, this is a beautiful location to visit. During these seasons they have a variety of shows, including concerts, plays, and readings in the park. And they’re free! Also, you can always grab a pastry in the North End and sit in the Christopher Columbus Park. 

Emerald Necklace

The Emerald Necklace is a chain of parks in Boston linked by waterways Boston and Brookline. There are about ten parks included in this collection and each one is unique. If you’re feeling ambitious, it’s about seven miles by foot, but has beautiful scenery all along the way. This is the perfect location for almost all college students in Boston since it’s located near over 20 Boston colleges and universities. Don’t go after it rains though, since it often floods! A lot of these parks resemble famous parks throughout the world, including New York’s Central Park and Georges-Eugène Haussmann’s Paris boulevards. You can get a global feeling right in the heart of Boston. 

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.