Outfits for Every Valentine’s Date

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Not sure what to wear on Valentine’s Day? Whether you’re planning on spending a cozy night in or looking forward to hitting the town, here are two looks that are fashionable, functional, and sexy—in a decidedly understated way.

Staying In (Left)
Tight-fitting skinny jeans can make snuggling on the couch an uncomfortable experience, especially after indulging in those Valentine’s Day treats. Instead, opt for a comfort-meets-chic look by layering a cozy cardigan over a pair of leggings. Let a lacey camisole peak out to add a zest of sex appeal, and bedazzle your ensemble with sequin and pearl accessories to give this look that classic girly flare.

Going Out (Right)
Valentine’s Day provides a great excuse to get all dolled up, and this ensemble is the perfect combo of sugar and spice. The black boyfriend blazer and open-toed booties provide an edgy touch to this fun and whimsical pink tulle dress. Layer on smoky eye shadow and bold earrings to complete this quietly seductive look.

What are you planning to wear on Valentine’s Day? Take a picture and send it to emerson.hercampus@gmail.com. Maybe we’ll put it on our photo blog!

Click here to view the items appearing in the collage!

Nikki Fig is a Broadcast Journalism major at Emerson College. She writes, produces and reports for shows on several Emerson television stations and is a web writer for Emerson's lifestyle publication, Em Mag. She is also the Philanthropy Chair of Alpha Epsilon Phi and recently returned from a study abroad program in Israel. Nikki is graduating in May and plans to move back to New York City. She wants to pursue a career in journalism that will enable her to combine her love of fashion, travel and culture.