This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Who doesn’t love a good DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie)? They had great leading characters such as Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan, sent good messages, and were overall feel-good movies. Plus, they always had this catchy intro before every movie!  

We rounded up our 5 picks of the best Disney Channel Original Movies ever made in order of release date.

Halloweentown (1998): This Halloween classic follows Marnie Piper, a young witch who follows her grandmother Aggie to Halloweentown, where adventure and mystery lurks around every corner.

Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (1999): The mischievious Zenon lives on a space station with the rest of her family, that is until Mr. Windowm, the owner of the station exiles her to earth. Zenon enlists the help of her friends on earth to return to the station with proof that the owner is corrupt.

Luck of The Irish (2001): Teenager Kyle always took being lucky for granted, that is until his luck runs out and he discovers that he is half-leprechaun. He must track down his lucky gold charm to keep his family safe from an evil leprechaun.

Cadet Kelly (2002): Hilary Duff stars as free-spirited Kelly who is forced to move to military school with her soon-to-be stepfather as the Headmaster. She deals with a not-so-nice superior student who tries to get Kelly to conform to the ways of her new school.

Get A Clue (2002): Lindsay Lohan stars as Lexy Gold, aspiring young journalist in Manhattan who enlists the help of her friends and rival on the school newspaper to solve the case of their missing teacher. 

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Emerson contributor