This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

I feel like every day I’m looking for something new to listen to while hanging out with my friends. While it’s great to put on King Princess or Conan Gray on repeat, sometimes I just need something fresh to make my ears happy. My new year’s resolution is to try to listen to a new song every day and here are three that I’ve found that released this month and brought all the good vibes.

“Simmer” by Hayley Williams

This song dropped a couple of days ago and, with its bouncy beat and heartfelt lyrics, it’s honestly been stuck in my head since. I’ve loved her voice since I first discovered Paramore but she took my adoration to a whole new level by writing such a smooth song with a variety of different vocals that brought a fresh sound to my dorm room. My friends and I can’t stop vibing to this and it’s something that will be a staple on our joint playlist for months to come. I can’t wait for Petals of Armor to come out in May.

“Good News” by Mac Miller

Seeing Mac Miller on my YouTube homepage was honestly a shock and a half but I have never been more grateful that I clicked on something in my life. This song came out earlier this month, but I feel like it has already shaped my second semester. Nothing has made me want to get my life together more than the line “I wish that I could just, get out my god damn way.” Circles released last week and I would definitely recommend giving it a listen if you need something soft and mellow to play while you grind out your homework.

“Rare” by Selena Gomez

This song also released earlier this month, and I have been dancing to it since. The groovy guitar coupled with Gomez’s soft vocals make this song great for bobbing your head while walking to class or on the transportation system. The rest of her album, Rare which released on the 10th, has its ups and downs but is overall not too bad if you’re in a pinch and need something to queue while on aux.

What new releases are you totally excited about? Be sure to tweet them to us @HCEmerson!

Cats, spaghetti, and the Oxford comma.
Emerson contributor