Movies You Need To See This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Spring is a time for taking in the warmer weather, but with all these great movies coming out this spring, take a seat and see what our top Spring movie picks are.

The much-anticipated film adaptation of Divergent hits theaters on March 21st. This dystopian thriller stars Shailene Woodley as Tris, a brilliant teen who find her life threatened when the leader of society hunts down other divergents to seize control.

Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson co-star in the sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which hits theaters April 4th. Steve Rogers grapples with his new role in modern society but a Soviet enemy from the past pulls him back.

Peter Parker flies back onto screens on May 2nd in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. A mysterious company, Oscorp sends heaps of supervillains to attack Spider-Man, played by Andrew Garfield.

Said to be the biggest film release of 2014 is X-Men: Day of Future Past, which hits theaters May 23rd. Hugh Jackman stars as Wolverine who is sent to the past by The X-Men in an effort to change the past in order to prevent an event that will cause destruction for humans and mutants.

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Emerson contributor