The Freya Vee Vibrazor
The Freya Vee Vibrazor
Xin Hamilton
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Meet Freya: the razor and discrete vibrator for college students 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

A razor and vibrator combo tool sounds scarier than your ex-boyfriend’s four in one shower wash, but trust me: it’s actually o-mazing. 

When Freya first reached out to me about testing out their Vee Vibrazor Starter Kit, I was shocked to see the $49.99 price tag. I would never think to spend that much on a razor … but then I noticed the dual purpose. I was stunned but also intrigued, so I decided to take one for the team. 

When the package arrived, I couldn’t wait to open my red box – not the Cartier kind but I wasn’t complaining. The kit came with a vibrating handle, two blades, a dual holder, and a USB charging cable. The company sent me the royal color, but they also have breezy and peachy options. 

My initial concern was fairly obvious: How does the product protect you from setting off the vibrator when you’re mid-shave? Thankfully, it’s very safe. The power button is at the top of the handle where the blade fits in, so it’s basically impossible to accidentally start it (sigh of relief). 

Immediately upon assembly, I realized how much of a game changer this product is for college students. Although many people feel confident in their sexuality and are proud of their vibrator collections, this is not the case for everyone. If you’re anxious like me – with the added bonus of still living in a dorm building – you would be nervously fast walking through the halls to the communal bathroom with your vibrator wrapped in your extra towel. But that doesn’t have to be your fate anymore. You can confidently add the Freya Vee Vibrazor to your shower caddy because it looks like a regular razor. (If you know, you know. And if someone recognizes it, they probably have it too, so solidarity!)

I started with the razor, and it got the job done. I wasn’t blown away by any means, but my legs were smooth, and that’s all I needed. 

Then, I got to the fun part. The vibrator has six different modes with consistent pulses and shifting intervals and a curved edge to reach the right places. I played music to be more discreet and set the mood, but it’s so quiet that the sound of the water covers any pulsing noises from the toy. 

I was impressed. I won’t get into the personal details, but it was better than I expected – and better than my current vibrator. I definitely left my shower feeling satisfied. 

Along with their product, I love that Freya is a female-led company with a mission to aid in self love. Everyone deserves to feel pleasure and satisfaction, not only sexually, but also with who they are.

If you’re looking for more discreet self pleasure or in the market for a new toy, the Freya Vee Vibrazor is the one for you.

Maddie Browning is a senior journalism major with environmental studies and publishing minors at Emerson College. She is a freelance writer for the Living and Arts sections at The Boston Globe. Browning covers music, comedy, books, travel, romance, and fashion.