Meet Campus Cutie Rivka Herrera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Rivka Herrera

Age: 19

Grade: Sophomore

Horoscope sign: Taurus

Major: Journalism Major, Publishing Minor

Hometown: Hagerstown, MD

What made you want to become an Emersonian? When I was a freshman in high school, there was a girl who was the same age as my sister who applied and got in here so I heard about it through my sister and her friends. I originally wanted to be an MT (Musical Theater major) but I was too afraid to apply [to Emerson] as an MT so I applied as a journalism major because I thought I’d have a better chance at getting in. I love Emerson and it was so worth it.

What are you involved in during the school year? WEBN News, EIV News at 9 as a reporter, Co-EP for YourMag TV, AEPhi, I’m a desk assistant in PRow and I work at Lou Lou Boutique off campus.

What’s your dream job as a journalist? I want to work for E! I want to be a host, the next Giuliana Rancic.

What’s your favorite E! show? My favorite E! show is E! News. I totally trust it 100%. I don’t trust any entertainment news unless it’s E! News.

If you could take a year off of college and do anything you want, what would you do? I would travel. I’ve always wanted to go backpacking through Europe, and I still really want to do it. I honestly just want to go to every single country in the world. One of my goals is to go to as many countries as I can.

Favorite take-out food in Boston? I LOVE sushi. I love Irashai in Chinatown and It’s super cheap. I also love the crab roll from Genki Ya whenever my wallet can afford it.

Favorite Movie: One of my favorite movies is Serendipity.

Favorite Concert: The Lumineers

Emerson contributor