This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Staying in touch and up-to-date with long-distance friends can be a lot to juggle. Who were they talking to? Where did that one thing happen, again? Wait, when did this happen? Keeping everyone’s life plots fresh in your mind is easier than we think. Share powerpoints with each other and get the refresher you need before your next reunion. Here are tips on what to include and how to make your presentation unforgettable.

1.) Details! Use names, places, and times so that the reader is on the same page as you. 

2.) Topics that talk. Be sure to include slides of school, work, social life, health status, family, exciting announcements and achievements. I even include recent shows and books that I want to recommend. Another great slide to add is a wishlist for your friend group (new tradition, upcoming trip, dinner request, or pal photoshoot). 

3.) Design. Make the theme true to your personality through colors, gifs, and terms of phrase. 

4.) Bring out the bells and whistles! Add music, video clips, throwback slide transitions, and leave room for the applause. 

Hi there! I'm Maddie, an optimistic Literature student from the Midwest offering her two-cents on dime-worthy topics.