This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

To my best friends (the girl gang I didn’t know I needed)—

I am forever thankful that I met you. I know that this is corny, but throughout the past four years, you have been the most wonderful support system I could possibly ask for. From late movie nights to inside jokes, I’m so thankful for all the memories. 

I didn’t want to call any of you out for the weird jokes we have, so to name a few that I know you’ll recognize without my having to name you, you can find them at the bottom, in paragraphs that won’t make sense to anyone except the person it is intended for. 

But back to what I really wanted to say, because honestly, I can’t thank you all enough for the things that you do for me. Through everything, you have been there and supported me. Whether it was through a laugh, hug, adventure, or just checking in to make sure everything was okay, I appreciate every moment I spent getting to know you. 

First day of freshman year I was pretty freaked out, but within the first few weeks, I had met all of you through different aspects of Emerson. I’ve said this time and time again, but it’s crazy to me to think that the best friends I had in college were the best friends that I had in the first few weeks of college. Nonetheless, I’m thankful I met you all so soon, because you all made my college experience what it was. I can genuinely say that without all of you, I don’t think I would have enjoyed college quite as much as I did. My life would look completely different, and for your love and support I am so thankful. 

After our freshman year, I started going to talk to a counselor at ECAPS, and I explained to him that I had met these really awesome people, but that I was afraid of what would happen if I got too close to you all. My biggest fear was that you would see my anxiety and run the opposite direction. Or that you all would get sick of me and move onto someone MUCH cooler. If we did stay friends, what would happen when we graduated? What would happen as we all moved away from the city? What would happen if…but, I realized quickly that you all were in it for the long haul—anxiety and all. 

You stayed through the panic attacks, the late night phone calls, and stressed out cram sessions. You stayed through the chaos and accepted me for the person that I am in a way that I never expected anyone to. You reminded me that I’m worthy of a lot of different kinds of love, and you helped me remember to love myself. Most importantly though, you helped me to grow into a much stronger person. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been anxious about my friends; I’ve always thought that they might secretly be annoyed with me, and that’s probably because that was what I subconsciously registered from their actions. With you all, I don’t feel anxious. Over the past four years, you all have broken down the pattern that I was forming and taught me what it means to have true, life-long friends. 

I am so incredibly thankful for all of you, and I can’t wait to see where this next journey takes us. I know that no matter where we all head off to, the next time we are together, we will pick up right where we left off. 

All My Love—

P.S. I didn’t forget. Here are our inside jokes, for you all to enjoy:

Where to start—somewhere weird; talking cheeseburgers and the Emerson Channel; and not to mention procrastinating here, three, and everywhere. Our late-night movie nights and the deepest conversations we will ever have in our lives. The Women’s March and THE fanciest water we have ever had. THE Squad, the void, 614, and 402. And, I couldn’t possibly forget our one true savior: *Sings* The snow is falling down…. And while we have many a jokes I’ve yet to say, I will leave you with the only possibly finale: Face Your Fears, You Stupid B*tch. (I know everyone thinks I just called you a b*tch, but I’m glad you know I would never. Sorry to get so many songs stuck in your head all at once. Thanks for being my forever friend and the kindest, most generous person I know. I love you more than Malfoy—”but not in a creepy way”). 

This one is going to take you on a journey to the only possible destination: Ferd. Lots of Ferd. Ferd is everywhere and is always watching—he is with moonman and demon Charles. Even though we like this piece, it is not the one that goes with the Sims. To end, I’d like to say, I hope we can all find inspiration in Kevin’s hair for all the years to come and that we never read Satan piece again. *Cue the sweet lute tunes and smooth smooth jazz* (Thank you for being the Ashley to my Erani and one of the only people who understands even when we NEVER agree on pieces. You always make me smile and I know I can always count on you);

To the moonman herself—I hope you are no longer sad over coco puffs. Thankful that you don’t pour the milk first and that ceremonial hot pockets are forever a part of our lives. Please, avoid gummy bears in the future. Be sure to pet all the puppies. 402 forever. (Thanks for the laughs and the crazy antics, I’m sure my life would have been much more normal if I didn’t know you, but alas, here we are. Thanks for always spicing things up, because I’d probably be very bored without you.)

There are a lot of things that I could make mention of here, but I think that there really only is one thing that is fitting. It is not the long car-rides or the 6 hour dinners. It is merely and completely this: BREAD, all the bread, it’s what we need to live. When is the next time we will ever be able to go to Cheesecake Factory for BREAD. B R E A D. (Most of our jokes revolve around bread, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Thanks for being my confidant since day one. You mean the world to me, and I can’t wait to eat more bread with you whether it is together or over FaceTime—if, that is you learn how to work your phone.)

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.