Kulture L.A. Holiday Style Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s that wonderful time of year again! Your calendar is probably starting to fill up with all of your Holiday events and family gatherings right? Of course! You’re the life of the party after all! So what’s a girl supposed to wear to these semi formal occasions, especially in this winter weather? Well, lucky enough, I got expert advice from Kulture L.A. , a styling company based out of Los Angeles. Kulture L.A. has been recently associated with styling one of L.A.’s biggest radio personalities Yesi Ortiz, and E! News Now correspondent, Liz Hernandez. So scroll down and get ready to fall in love with the Holiday Style Guide that Rachel Gomez Head Stylist and Creative Director of Kulture L. A. put together, mostly for us east coasters, but L.A. Campus don’t worry we got you covered too!

Boston Looks

Wearing a colored jean to the holiday gatherings is acceptable as long as the rest of the outfit is essential and neutral! Who doesn’t love a cozy oversized knit sweater? These can easily be dressed up or down depending on the details. Style with comfy on trend boots. Brown is the new black. Vintage laceups and studded boots are key to pulling off this laid back look. Pair with a fun scarf, soft waves, smokey eye and you’re ready! Stay warm with a peacoat and beenie!

Winter Wonderland! Pastels aren’t only for Easter. Pair pretty pastels with dark winter colors like this beautiful emerald green coat from H&M!  Keep the look festive by styling with a great pair of nylons and a taupe shoe! And for some eye candy, detail your look with oversized jewels that compliment your look. Beenies can be transformed from a tomboy essential to a total glam essential. The key is to stay warm but look effortlessly put together!

Pull that LBD out and stay warm with a pair of knee high boots, tights, and leather gloves! Your statement piece in this ensemble should be your coat like the one pictured here! Tweed coats are that perfect piece to keep you warm abs super on trend! Details with a chunky scarf and knit beenie in “Oxblood” red to stay looking festive!

Emerald Green is sure to keep you in the holiday spirit! Pick an essential dress like this and the possibilities are endless! Detail with leopard or black leather gloves. Fur collars are perfect to add ultra high glam instantly to any of your peacoats. Channel your “old Hollywood” and glam your look with a black fedora.

L.A. Looks

Leather skirts are so on trend right now! They’re both edgy and classy. Keep the edge by pairing them with a nice pair of tights and leather boots! They are easy to transition for the holidays with a nice blouse, and a burgundy blazer which is the color of the season, and hair styled in a chic bun.

Sweatshirts are now being introduced to the fashion world! For a more laidback holiday look, pick a comfy crewneck sweatshirt with shoulder detailing. It takes you from boyfriend to fashionista in a second. Details are key in pulling this look off and looking chic for the holidays, opposed to looking like you’re going to the gym. Shoulder details, riding boots, beenies, and letterman jackets will give you a “tomboy chic” look!

We can’t thank Kulture L.A. enough for putting these awesome looks together for us! What’s even more great? Kulture L.A. will be coming out with a line of clothing very shortly! Making it a brand you will want to follow and wear, as it expands into the world of Fashion and Style. Check out their website www.kulturela.com to keep updated with news or follow them on Instagram @kulturela  

Jasmin is a Charming, Ambitious,Type of A Girl =)  A Los Angeles Native,who just wants to share some of her silly stories. Jasmin is currently pursuing a degree in T.V. Production at Emerson College.  Follow her on Instagram @Darlingareyouthere 
Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.