“It’s a Wrap”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.
So, four months ago, I hopped off a plane at BUR (that’s Burbank, California’s airport) with my dreams and a sweet leather jacket (sorry Miley, leather is way more LA than a cardigan).

The time has flown by. As I sit in the JetBlue terminal reflecting on my West Coast experience, I can’t even begin to tell you all how lucky I am. I have accomplished so much more than I could have ever imagined. I had an amazing internship at E!, made a solid group of friends, and fell in love with a new place.

It’s also official. The West Coat will be my new home for the next few years. I know the move is going to be hard, considering the entirety of my family is back east, but I am excited to begin a new chapter in my life.

And, with a new chapter comes new goals. Since I accomplished everything on my LA bucket list, I decided it’s time I make a career version. Although ambitious, everything on this list is tangible (with some time…and an insane amount of hard work).

1) Become a famous entertainment journalist
Move over, Ryan Seacrest. There is a new kid in town, and she’s armed with a broadcast journalism degree and sass that can go on for days. Watch out!

2) Win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony
Affectionately known as an EGOT. I’m only 22, right? The future is bright!

3) Become a cast member on Glee
I’m thinking I could be Rachel Berry’s newest rival. I’d be a prep school transfer who is oh so mean to her.

4) Executive produce a TV show on the “Real” Jersey Shore
Think Laguna Beach with guidettes.

5) Write a book about embarrassing moments
I have enough to write three books, and those only cover the past four months.

That’s just the start of my list, and it’s helped me remain positive. Instead of freaking out about graduating and job hunting, I’ve focused everyday on, instead, trying to check one of these big goals off my list.

This may be my last blog for Her Campus. And, because I am on the red eye flight, my Tylenol PM has begun to kick in. Before I get all woozy and emotional, I just want to say thanks for reading and experiencing things along with me. I hope you had fun, because I know I did. Goodbye for now, Her Campus, and always remember, “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.” (A Bronx Tale)

Shana Wickett is a senior Print & Multimedia Journalism major at Emerson College with minors in Leadership & Management and Publishing. She is co-web director for Emerson's lifestyle magazine and a social media intern at Children's Hospital Boston. She previously was a city desk co-op at The Boston Globe and a news intern at The New Haven Register and Hersam Acorn Newspapers in Connecticut. She enjoys drinking too many macchiatos, singing loudly when no one's listening, dancing whenever possible, and learning how to cook a mean tomato sauce (slowly but surely). After graduating in May, Shana would love to manage and write web content for a company in Massachusetts or Connecticut, where her family lives.