This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

There are so many influential women who overcame obstacle after obstacle to help break through glass ceilings everywhere.  Her Campus Emerson has decided to spotlight some of the many influential women who have since passed away. Please take a moment to learn about the incredible women who have inspired our writers!

I only started getting into Star Wars a few years ago, but Carrie Fisher has still been such an icon throughout my childhood. It’s only recently, however, that I realized that while she was a talented actress, she was also a highly skilled writer and comedian. She wrote multiple memoirs, including the bestselling The Princess Diarist, and was also a script doctor for several beloved films, including movies in the Star Wars franchise. She was frank about her struggles with bipolar disorder and drug addiction, a type of honesty and vulnerability that is rare for such a public figure. She was a legend in her own right, and she really was gone too soon.

Annie Rinaldi

Emerson '22

a
Emerson contributor