How to Conserve Your Meal Plan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Believe it or not, the semester is quickly coming to an end, and pretty soon we’ll be leaving Emerson for winter break. Unfortunately, for some Emerson’s meal plan isn’t quite enough food to make it until the end of the semester. Here are some tips to conserve your meal plan.

Try to have breakfast every day in your room! If you’re running low on Board Bucks, a big part of the problem may be what you’re eating for breakfast. If you buy cereal or some fruit from CVS and Shaw’s, you’ll be able to have your own breakfast right in your room. If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, splurge for a Keurig! It might seem like a big investment, but when you think of all the Board Bucks and money you’ll save, it’s totally worth it. This also could save you time in the morning because you won’t have to wait in line!

Calculate the amount of Board Bucks and DH swipes you can use every day. Just divide the number you have left by the number of days you’ll be here for. Budget yourself accordingly and you’ll make it through.

Use some EC Cash at Boloco. If you have EC Cash on your Emerson ID, use it for lunches at Boloco. Boloco is a great way to get a break from our on-campus food and a great way to save Board Bucks!

Take some fruit from the Dining Hall! You might not know that you’re already paying for food that’s stolen from the DH. Make the most of your DH swipes and take a banana when you go to eat for breakfast or as a snack.

Buy cereal, granola bars, and other snacks you can keep in your room. If you find yourself visiting the Max and the C Store for snacks, invest in snacks that you can keep in your room. This is usually a healthier option, and it saves your Board Bucks! 

Sarah Marcantonio is a sophomore Writing, Literature, and Publishing major. Sarah hopes to pursue a career writing in someway-- taking any job she can take. Her ultimate goal is to write for a bridal magazine. Born and raised in New Jersey, Sarah hopes to return to New York after graduation. She likes to write about feminism, Boston, current events at Emerson College, and pop culture. 
Emerson contributor