This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Happy October, ladies! If you want to channel your inner Halloween spirit this month, then I’ve got the guide for you! Read up on how to incorporate all the season has to offer in your wardrobe, how to make the cutest DIY Boo bags for your roommates and friends, and ways to spice up your dorm room for Halloween!

Seasonal Fashion

[Polyvore]

Emerson students are notorious for going all out for holidays, and Halloween is no exception! If you’re invited to a Halloween soiree in the next few weeks, this outfit would be perfect! Or if you’re going to a semi formal event in the weeks leading up to Halloween, this outfit screams “spirit of the season!” You won’t look like a ghoul in this- you’ll look sophisticated, elegant, and like you actually tried to correspond your outfit with the enchanting season! An all black ensemble is always classy, and the orange necklace adds a nice pop of color that will make your outfit stand out. You’ll be the most boo-tiful girl in the room!

[Polyvore]

If your friends decide to venture off campus for a spooky night at a local apple orchard or Halloween amusement park, chances are you’re going to want to do a haunted hayride. They are spooky, super fun, but can be chilly! You’ll need a chunky sweater, some jeans, and a pair of cute sneakers or boots (who wants hay stuck in their flats?). That doesn’t mean you can’t look adorable, though! I’ve comprised a super chic yet comfy look for all the scary twists and turns! If you add a bow, some layered bracelets, and top off the look with some studs, you’ll have perfect balance of sweet and sassy. Maybe not sassy enough to scare away those happy haunts, though!

DIY Boo Bags

[Pinterest]

Is it just me or is everyone else still obsessed with the ideas of goodie bags and Boo-ing? I loved “Boo-ing” my neighborhood friends, so why not Boo the suitemates/floormates? Let’s keep the tradition going in college, girls! Of course, you can add a more grown-up flair now! Candy is a must, obviously. Throw in some makeup products, fun jewelry, or anything else you’d like. For the DIY bag, all you need are some white paper bags, a black marker, and some ribbon or tulle! Simply create cute ghost faces on the bags and tie them up for easy delivery! Make sure to attach a note, so the Boo-ing will continue!

Dorm Decor

Decorate your dorm to be immersed in that extra magical Halloween feeling all month long. Make your door super cute- your hallmates will be so happy you did! But check on any Halloween lights with campus safety first, please! Paint and bling out some pumpkins for your room/suite. Add some ghosts, cobwebs, spiders, or anything else that gets you in the festive mood for the holiday!

I hope this Boo-tique guide has (pumpkin) spiced up your mind for some festive ideas! Have a safe and sparkly Halloween season!

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.