This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Coconut oil is one of the most underrated items that you must keep in your house. You can use it for anything! Incorporate coconut oil into some of these beauty, food and DIY ideas.

Beauty

There are so many ways to incorporate coconut oil into your beauty routine. My personal favorite is doing a once-a-week hair treatment/hair mask. I wet my hair, put lots of coconut oil on the lower half (don’t get it near your scalp or your hair will be oily for quite some time!), keep it in for 30 minutes and then shampoo and conditioner it out. After a few months, your hair will be healthy and soft all the time.

You can also use coconut oil as eye-makeup remover, lotion, to prevent stretch-marks, massage oil, chapstick, cuticle soother, under-eye cream, to sooth eczema and sun burn, sooth bug-bites, as shaving cream and so much more!

Homemade

Have you ever wanted to get into DIY projects? Here’s your chance! Use coconut oil for homemade lotion, deodorant, mayonnaise, shampoo, homemade soap for laundry, homemade sunscreen, vapor rub and so on!

Food

Surprisingly, coconut oil can be added to a lot of food. Try using coconut oil as coffee flavor booster, melt over hot grains/oatmeal/veggies, scramble eggs in coconut oil, put some in some soup, spread over ANY breakfast item, including pancakes/waffles/muffins etc., put in your hot cocoa and more!

If these aren’t enough reasons to start using and loving coconut oil, then you need to go out and buy some to prove it to yourself! Who would have thought there are so many uses for just one product?

Emerson contributor