The Five Guys You’ll Meet at Emerson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

At first glance an Emersonette may think there is only one type of guy at Emerson: the gay one. On second glance, one may think there are only two types of guys at Emerson: the hipster and the gay one. However, upon closer observation, one can find there are actually multiple types of guys at Emerson and many of them are potential bachelors, while others are better off in the friend zone.

1.       The Possibly Gay by May
When this guy says he is not gay, everyone’s mind silently adds “yet.” Sure, he talks about how hot Megan Fox is, but then he will turn around and tell you how well your shoes match your wristlet (yes, he calls it a wristlet, not a ‘thingy’). And remember that time he hung out with you and your girls reading Cosmo and belting out Taylor Swift? As cute and sweet as this guy may be, it may be best to just stay friends because you never know what could happen between now and May.
2.  The Mysterious Loner
This guy may have caught your attention in the elevator, with his hoody up and his headphones in listening to Death Cab, but in order to talk to him, you’re going to have to actively seek him out. He’s probably a creative writing or animation major and he can usually be found in his room writing or sketching. It may be hard to break down his loner barrier, but you just feel like you have to know more. Ask to see some of his work, and he might just let you in.
3.   The Jock (Yes, we have them).
Okay, so he’s on the Quidditch World Cup team, but he played football, basketball and baseball in high school. He actually works out at the gym, instead of just parading around and he has the muscles to prove it. If you can picture yourself sitting with this guy at Fenway in matching Red Sox caps, then he might be worth a shot. Try becoming a Quidditch cheerleader or bringing snacks into the common room during a big game. 
4.   The Overachiever
This guy is involved in seven clubs, four of which he has leadership positions in. His weekends are completely devoted to film shoots and planning for the Evvys. Speaking of awards, he was nominated for an Oscar before even coming to Emerson. Although it might be difficult to have a full-fledged relationship with this guy, he’s a great person to get to know  at least in terms of networking.
5.   The Emerson Heartthrob
On a scale of 1 to Footloose’s Kenny Wormald, he’s about a 6, but at Emerson he can certainly turn heads. This guy isn’t used to all the attention he is getting from girls so he might be a bit awkward and overwhelmed, but deep down, he is a sweetheart. If you’re interested, get on it fast before someone else does or it all starts going to his head.

So the next time you’re talking to a cute guy and he starts talking about his drag queen act or tells you that you wouldn’t understand what he’s studying because his major hasn’t even been formed yet, just remember that these aren’t the only guys Emerson has to offer.

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.