This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

1. Textured Jacket – H&M $34.95

Every fashionista needs a cute fall jacket to keep them warm without making them look like one big marshmallow. Not only is the speckled sweater look making its way back into our closets, this jacket is much more chic than a usual sweater.

2. Dress to Kilt, Essie Fall 2014 Collection – Essie $8.50

Every girl needs a hot nail during these crispy months. This deep red will look great when you go apple picking this fall.

3. Spring Street Midi Ring Set – Nordstrom Rack $9.97

These midi rings will look fabulous with your new Dress to Kilt nails. Not only does gold go well with red, but also midi rings are one of the most popular jewelry trends going on right now. It will give you an edgy look for the fall.

4. Converse All Star Lo Sneaker – Journeys $45

A pair of white Converse is the go-to sneaker this fall. No unnecessary colors and let’s face it, white can go with everything. Don’t worry about getting them dirty – these shoes look better scuffed up.

5. Cable-knit Sweater – H&M $29.95

Who doesn’t have a favorite oversized sweater for fall? It’s something we all can’t live without and the easiest thing to make us look ready for our early class. Make sure it’s fitted through the shoulders though, you don’t want it to look like you stole it from your dad’s closet.

6. Slit Faux Leather Booties – Forever 21 $37.80

Black ankle boots have always been a fall trend, but why not update yours this fall? These boots give off that Kendall Jenner vibe. Even if you don’t like her, her style is to die for. Add a pair of these boots to your fall wardrobe and you’ll be looking at street chic as she does.

7. Mid-Rise Super Skinny Jean – American Eagle $40

Though overly ripped denim gets kind of chilly during the colder months, a pair of jeans that looks worn-in instead of worn-out is perfect for this fall. Pair this with the faux leather boots and you’ll look fierce walking to class. 

Katelyn is a senior studying Marketing Communications and Journalism at Emerson College. She is involved with various marketing groups on campus and hopes to work in the entertainment or sports marketing industry. She spent a semester in Valencia, Spain and can be found at a Red Sox or Bruins game more often than not. You can find Katelyn on Twitter at @katelyngearan or @katelyn_gearan.
Emerson contributor