Em Celeb: Madeline Addis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.
Madeine Addis is currently a sophomore at Emerson and has an impresive list of credentials. Tune in to her as co-host of Closing Time, or in Emerson’s production, The Marvelous Oz

Name: Madeline Addis

Age: 19

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Major: Theatre Studies: Acting

Graduation: 2018

Sign: Taurus 

What’s Closing Time? Closing Time is a comedic late-night show on Emerson Channel. It’s been such an incredible experience being in the writers’ rooms and in the studio. As the co-host, I performed on the show along with the wonderful host, Amanda Breen, performing content written by Amanda and I as well as other Closing Time writers, in addition to interviewing special guests and the writers themselves. I’ve learned so much from everyone around me, and it was an amazing first experience with Emerson Channel. Everyone is so good at what they do.

Favorite Closing Time memory?  I love the opening credits, with the musical riff that plays under it, as I announce Amanda and the audience cheers for the show to start. The energy is always so wonderful, and sent us laughing into the show every time. 

What other organizations are you a part of on campus? The sketch comedy troupe Jimmy’s Traveling All-Stars, Mercutio Troupe, have been involved in student theatre with Emerson Shakespeare Society, Rareworks Theatre Company, and Kidding Around.

Fun Fact: I am a self proclaimed dog whisperer and always welcome a chance to test my skills.

Courtney is a junior BFA Writing, Literature, and Publishing student with a minor in Marketing from Emerson College. She is very much a libra. One day she hopes to pursue a career in words, or surronded by words. 
Emerson contributor