This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Halloween is this weekend, which means we’ll be seeing lots of amazing costumes soon! If you’re not too into the whole dressing up part of the holiday, how about adding just a touch of Halloween into your outfit? With a little orange lipstick or some skeleton socks, you can still look cool without overdoing it. Try these accessory ideas for an effortless yet festive look for All Hallows’ Eve. 

Spooky Socks

These skeleton socks aren’t for every day, but for Halloween they’re perfect! Paired with a black skater skirt or shift dress, they can take your Halloween look to a whole new level.

Emoji Shirt

Go to Downtown Crossing’s new Primark location, and pick up this emoji shirt to wear with black leggings for a comfy Halloween ensemble. 

Orange Lipstick

If you really don’t want to dress up, swiping on a bright orange lip color may be more up your alley. Try this bright pumpkin-y shade from MAC. 

Cat Ears

Cat ears don’t always have to be a part of a costume. Ariana Grande rocks them all the time and she always looks adorable. A lacy pair instead of a furry pair will be your best bet.

Sweet Scarf

If you’re feeling super sweet this Halloween, try a statement scarf like this one with bright colored candy corn. Pair it with a white t-shirt and jeans for an effortless look. 

Are you planning on wearing a costume or a more simple look this Halloween? Let us know in the comments!

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor