Disney Channel Original Movies We Miss and Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Hey girls!

It’s probably no surprise that like most young girls, I absolutely loved the Disney Channel Original Movies, especially growing up in the 90’s, and I’ll be the first to admit that they are still my guilty pleasure! Unfortunately, these movies came out a long time ago. I mean, do you even remember which one you loved the most? If you don’t, here is a list of some that were my personal favorites.

The first movie that I’d like to mention is “Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century.” For those of you who don’t remember this classic film, it is the story of a young girl named Zenon Car, a 13-year-old girl living on a space station with her family in the year 2049. After getting into some trouble with the station’s owner, Zenon is exiled to planet Earth. After slowly adjusting to this new environment, Zenon realizes that the station’s owner is up to no good and she makes it her mission to return home. Filled with catchy pop songs and wildly addicting catch-phrases such as “bega-omega,” this film is a Disney must-see.

Another one of my personal favorites is “Smart House.” This 1999 film is about a young boy who wins a computerized home which is run by an electronically programed maid named PAT. After his family and him move in, he is almost sure that his dad won’t consider the idea of getting remarried since PAT can do all of the chores for them, but when his dad starts showing an emotional interest in PAT, things get a little funky.

Let’s not forget one of the spiciest and “cheetahlicious” films in Disney history: “The Cheetah Girls.” This movie is about a group of four teenage singers who strive to become famous with their wild talent. Considering the fact that I still have the entire soundtrack on my iPod, I’d say there is some fun music in it, too!

Although Lindsay Lohan may not be the little cute starlet she used to be, there is no denying her charm in “Get a Clue,” a film about wealthy, fashion-crazed students trying to solve a mystery involving the disappearance of their teacher.

A little more magic was thrown into the mix with the 2005 release of “Now You See It,” a film about a young magician named Danny Sinclair competing at Hollywood’s Magic Mansion. After displaying his talent, Sinclair explores the mansion, discovering a bit more than he expected.

Another one of my personal favorites is “The Luck of the Irish” where a teenage basketball player’s Irish luck is tested when an evil leprechaun tries to take control of his family. Oh yeah, and he’s also turning into a leprechaun himself: red hair, small body, you name it, during the week he is supposed to play one of the most important basketball games of his life.

These are just a few of the great movies I remember from my childhood, but there are tons of them. Want to get your fix? Try YouTube!

Hi! My name is Chelsea and I am a writer for Her Campus Emerson
Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop