Claire’s Coquetry: Halloween Hellcat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

I try to invite a level of seduction into everything I do and believe that life is meant to be flirted with. Claire’s Coquetry is a blog that highlights different things that will help you sex up your wardrobe, spice up your life and let your inner vixen claw her way out.

Sexy New Show, American Horror Story

I don’t watch Glee (sorry gleeks) but I was addicted to Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk ‘s Nip/Tuck, so I was ecstatic to hear about their latest show, American Horror Story airing Wednesdays on FX. In the first episode alone, the devilishly cute Tate (played by Evan Peters) has a fantasy in which he is dressed as Rick Genest (or Zombie Boy if you’re familiar with him from Gaga’s video) while the Whistle Song from Kill Bill plays, Dylan McDermott is naked numerous times, and the old maid turns into a gorgeous redhead who prances around as if “she’s headed to a fetish ball.” FX, try to make me love this show more, I dare you. 

Sometimes the show is just straight up weird and I often find myself extremely frustrated with the plot. That being said, I can’t stop watching. It’s so strange and I can’t wait to see what happens each week. This week’s episode (Murder House) was fantastic. I keep listening to Carina Round’s song “For Everything A Reason” over and over and playing the last scene in my head. If you’re not watching American Horror Story, start. Did I mention Zachary Quinto will guest star next week? 

Lascivious Leather Treat, Zana Bayne 

As it’s Halloween, which is an excuse to dress up in things normally banned “inappropriate” (I’m looking at you, girl in cat ears and lingerie) I’m going to take this time to share my love of all things Zana Bayne. She makes the most gorgeous leather harnesses. I know what you’re thinking, “Claire, leather harnesses? Aren’t we getting a bit too risqué here?” No, you’re wrong! They look absolutely flawless over sundresses or even basic tees. Just because Katy Perry wears it with hardly anything else doesn’t mean you have to do the same. Pair your harness with a button down to look like the ultimate professional or with a backless dress to toughen up a classic look. 

She even makes some of her styles in rubber, if your vegan lifestyle doesn’t permit you to indulge in leather.

Top Three Scary Sexy Songs of Halloween:

“Heart-Shaped Glasses” by Marilyn Manson

Is Marilyn Manson lame? Probably but I really don’t care. His music is the perfect combination of sinister and sensual for this time of month. I couldn’t decide between this song and Personal Jesus, but this video features his lady (at that time) Evan Rachel Wood, who is inspiring in her Lolita look.

“Obituary” by Agent Ribbons

The dead girl anthem. I’ve had this song on repeat lately. It’s ideal to dance to while you pick out your outfit for spooky parties.

“Monster” by Kanye West, Jay-Z, Rick Ross (the boss), Nicki Minaj and Bon Iver

This song is just perfect and the video features women as undead monsters, in the most tantalizing way possible. Nicki Minaj can do no wrong and this song is just one example of her genius. 

Enjoy your Halloween and don’t forget about She’s The First Costume Contest

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.