This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Emerson has always been a chapter that liked to take risks, so emailing the chapter network to spotlight different Her Campus Chapters at other schools was no different.  One of the schools that we have decided we wanted to introduce to you is the chapter at the University of Bristol. HC Bristol is located in the UK, so we loved getting to know one of our international chapters. The team consists of 31 editors and 76 general members, which sounds like it makes for a great Her Campus experience! 

Bethany and Noa are the campus correspondents behind the chapter’s largest team to date. Bethany is a second-year law student, which makes her quite the busy person! Of course, she unwinds when she can with friends and at the gym. Noa is a history major who also loves spending time with friends and working out. Fun fact about her: she’s played lacrosse for nine years and used to play for South-East England! Being a CC definitely keeps you busy, but finding time to have fun and do other things you love is always important.

HC Bristol prides themselves on creating content with important subjects and interesting topics for their students. One of Noa and Bethany’s favorite articles is “Upskirting Law Passed: Why It Matters,” which they love because it speaks to protecting women’s rights and safety, an important topic for Her Campus readers to be educated on. They also noted Bethany’s “The Best Studygrams & Studytubers” piece, which has a ton of suggestions for study inspiration on social media. Two of the people mentioned in the article tweeted Bethany about it, which is a major gratification moment for any writer! Aside from exciting features, HC Bristol also has published a great series of profiles for a Women in Sport week. Noa said, “I’m really passionate about getting more women and girls playing sport, as it is so good for mental and physical health and it’s a great way to make friends.” Be sure to check out their team profiles to support female athletes!

Like any great Her Campus chapter, Bristol is more than just an online platform. They love to be a physical presence on campus, which Bethany and Noa are excited to work on this year. As part of Bristol’s Fresher program, the chapter ran a “Give It a Go” event to talk about Her Campus and recruit new members! The chapter also enjoyed tabling at Freshers Fair, where they talked with so many new students (in spite of the rain, of course). Going forward, HC Bristol is already planning an article writing workshop and various talks. Their goal is to build a stronger HC community on campus, which they’re already on track for!

HC Bristol prides themselves on being able to learn about each of their individual members and foster new friendships in their club. One of the words they use to describe themselves is “welcoming,” because the chapter prides themselves on being approachable and always ready to meet new members! They also describe themselves as “growing,” because their team and presence on campus is increasing more than ever before, and “active,” because they are always thinking of new ways to improve and market their chapter!

To become involved with HC Bristol, Noa and Bethany recommend joining the Facebook contributors’ group, emailing hc.bristol@hercampus.com, or messaging Noa or Bethany on Facebook.  As Bethany and Noa said, “We are all about giving university journalists an empowering platform to write on and bringing that HC love to the UK!”

Be sure to check out the HC Bristol Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! And, of course, you can keep up with all of their content on their chapter page!

(all photos courtesy of Her Campus at Bristol)

Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College, concentrating in publishing and minoring in psychology. Avid defender of cats, coffee after dinner, and young adult books.