This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Taylor Carlington

Major: Journalism

Age: 19

Year of Graduation: 2018

Hometown: Riverdale, Georgia

Extracurriculars: EC Fashion Society, EC Christian Fellowship, EBONI, Black Swan Cultural Magazine, and Hall Committee

Role models: “Robin Givhan because she wrote for the Washington Post and received a Pulitzer for her social/fashion commentary.  Grace Coddington because I really appreciate her perseverance as creative director of American Vogue under Anna Wintour, and  Eva Chen, the Editor in Chief of Lucky, because she worked really hard to get to her position.”

Career aspirations: “I would like to be a fashion journalist that focuses on political and social commentaries, or the creative director of a magazine.”

Greatest achievement at Emerson so far: Getting a very personal essay on race relations in America published in the Beacon.

Favorite thing about the Castle: “I really enjoy being a part of a long-standing and rich Emerson tradition.”

Favorite place you’ve travelled: “Bruges, Belgium – the people were really nice and I bought a lot of chocolate.”

Craziest travel moment: Sprinting through Italian train stations multiple times.

What she’s most looking forward to seeing: “I’m very excited to explore Prague, because I’ve never thought about going until my friends brought it up. I’m also excited to see if London lives up to all the hype.”  

Emerson contributor