Best Snacks for that Midnight Craving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

We all get that craving – it’s around midnight, too late for dinner and definitely too early for breakfast. So what do we rely on? Our snacks. Here’s a list of some of the best snacks you can get to satisfy that craving.

1. Kind bars

Kind bars are great. Many of the bars include fruits and nuts, which are filled with protein and great for your health. They’re also not too heavy, so they’re fine to eat before you go to sleep.

2. Mini Oreos

You really can’t go wrong with this classic. Oreos are absolutely delicious, and for some reason, when they’re in a miniature version they’re even better. Sure, they might not be the best for you, but it’s definitely okay to splurge once in a while. Make sure to treat yo self!

3. Chips and salsa

Another classic, chips and salsa are a perfect snack to satisfy any craving. Also a snack that isn’t too unhealthy, chips and salsa provide you with that delicious combination of salty and spicy.

4. Nuts

Whether they are peanuts, cashews, or pistachios, nuts are a great source of protein and taste delicious. They aren’t too filling, so they’re good to have before bed, but they still get the job done.

5. Ice cream

Okay, so maybe it’s not the healthiest, but who doesn’t love a pint of Ben and Jerry’s from time to time? Whether it’s to drown your sorrows, celebrate getting your work done, or just because, there is never a wrong time for ice cream.

6.  String cheese

I don’t think anyone can deny that string cheese is the greatest form cheese has ever taken. This food is not only super tasty, but it’s fun to eat as well! You can never go wrong with a good old-fashioned string cheese.

Finals are upon us, and we’re not looking forward to long, late-night hours at the library. So what are you waiting for, collegiettes? Start snacking!

Emerson contributor