This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

With the weather beginning to feel nicer, and the sun staying out later, we have been getting a tease of spring. Unfortunately, sometimes your wardrobe doesn’t reflect that during this time of year. Here are a few ways to incorporate styles of spring into your current winter wardrobe.

Just because the temperature may be chilly, doesn’t mean you can’t sport some color and spring vibes. Wearing ripped denim or denim that slightly cuts off at the ankle is an easy way to make it feel more like spring in your closet. The wash and rips adds a warmer weather feel, while still being able to pair the look with short booties for the snow that’s still on the ground. Adding floral print blouses or kimonos can also add a lighter feel to a dull, wintery wardrobe. You will still be in long sleeves for the cold, but will sport more vibrant patterns and colors. Also, try adding pastel accessories. A small backpack in baby blue or a pair of aviators with colored lenses is an easy way to not fully commit to spring, but introduce it in your life. Finally, wearing denim jackets with embroidered stitching or a cold shoulder blouse gets you prepped for short sleeves and the ability to only wear a light jacket when the warm weather comes.

Adding a bit of spring to your mix will make winter feel shorter and warmer!

Emerson contributor