nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Questions to Ask at a Job Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.
Employers aren’t the only ones who get to ask questions in interviews! Your interviewer will likely end the interview with an opportunity for you to ask questions, so take advantage of it. Asking questions shows that you’re invested in the job and it’s a great opportunity to learn more about the position. Here are some great go-to questions to ask at the end of your interview!

1. What’s the company culture like?
This is a classic question that can be applied to any position. Company environment is an important aspect – you want to make sure you’re happy where you’ll be spending all your time!

2. Who will be my supervisor, and what will my relationship with them be like?
Project management varies from internship to internship, so ask what it would be like at this one! See who you’d be reporting to, how often and with what kind of updates.

3. What’s a typical day like?
Try to get a feel of your day-to-day tasks by asking what you’ll be doing on a regular basis. 

4. How will I be trained?
No one knows exactly what they’re doing on day one! No matter the job, there will almost always be a training period. Ask what the process is like so you’ll be prepared if you get the job.

5. Why did you come to this company?
Turn the conversation around and ask the interviewer why they applied for a job at the company. See what they like and dislike to get a feel of what the company is really like!

6. Who will I be working with?
Will you be working independently? In a department? With other interns? Ask!

7. I’ve read about the company’s ____, but can you tell me more about ___?
Integrate some knowledge into a question so you can get a better feel of the environment. This shows that you’ve done your research and are eager to know more!

Interviews aren’t just a time to show off! They also act as great opportunities to learn more about your interviewer, the company and the position you’re applying for. Take advantage of it and ask a few questions!
Megan is a Community Manager at Her Campus, working to grow and maintain networks of 3300+ Influencers and 1000+ High School Ambassadors. She conceptualizes and executes new programming initiatives for network members, assists the Integrated Marketing team on paid client campaigns for bloggers and ambassadors, and serves as the public face of both the InfluenceHer Collective and the High School Ambassador Program.
Emerson contributor