This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Thanksgiving is in less than two weeks, and you know what that means? Friendsgiving is on its way, too! It’s the time of year when you get your closest friends together to feast on some of the best food and make amazing memories! Below are some recipes that will be perfect for that day.

1. Macaroni and Cheese Casserole

This is an easy, yet perfect meal to make for a friendsgiving. It’s a great comfort food, and is a go-to for something other than the traditional pumpkin or turkey fix. How can you go wrong with mac and cheese?

2. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad

Adding a vegetable or salad to the mix is perfect to balance out all the other rich and heavy foods you will be consuming. It’s refreshing, yet so delicious with the added fruits and nuts. The salad will have a fall taste without being too overpowered by the toppings.

3. Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars

Instead of making the traditional pumpkin pie, try making these individual bars. They are blended with creamy cheesecake and are easy to bake and serve. Whip these up, cut them into squares, and serve with whipped cream or your favorite fruit.

4. Warm Turkey Sliders

Making a turkey for the first time can be a challenge. It can take hours, and if you’re only cooking for your friends, you want to make sure they will be able to grab it and eat while talking or watching a football game. Turkey sliders are a way to incorporate the turkey without having to sacrifice your sanity making it. Purchase some pre-made turkey at your grocery store, get some soft and savory rolls, and it will be a hit!

5. Sweet Potato Casserole

If all else fails, the sweet potato casserole is a must. The toasted gooey marshmallows are the best part and make for a sweet treat during the meal. Not to mention, sweet potatoes are the epitome of Thanksgiving.

6. Pecan Pie Bars

As a second option for dessert, try making pecan pie bars. A dessert bar makes for an easy recipe, while again being easy to serve. This will be a very sweet dessert, but it perfectly balances the creamy flavor of the pumpkin pie cheesecake bars.

Try these recipes for your friendsgiving this year, and your friends will want you to cook every year.

Emerson contributor