The 6 Most Underrated Board Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

1. Clue

Photo credit: Walmart.com

It was Ms. Scarlett, in the conservatory, with…the….candlestick! To play the board game Clue is to tap into your sleuth self as well as your evil self. You are either a detective or a cold blooded killer and either way, you are not ashamed.

2. Trouble

Photo credit: Walmart.com

“I knew you were trouble when you walked in….” Trouble is really just the game Sorry, but twice as good because you get to push down the popper in the middle. Need I say more?

3. Candyland

4. Battleship

Photo credits: Walmart.com

Lorelai Gilmore ships it, people. Need I say more?

5. Chutes And Ladders

Photo credit: Amazon.com

For those people who are not good at skill-based games, then boy do I have a game for you. We did not realize it when we were children, but Chutes and Ladders is completely based on luck. So may the rungs be ever in your favor.

6. Boggle

Photo credit: Amazon.com

This one is sneaky. It’s educational and also fun af, both as a child and as an adult. Let’s just say we know more four letter words as adults…

All GIFs from Giphy.com

Julia is junior attending Emerson College for her bachelor of arts degree in journalism. She is originally from a small town in New Hampshire. She enjoys writing about people and feels that everyone has a story to share with the world even if they don't know it yet. 
Emerson contributor