The 6 Best Things About Your Mom Visiting You at College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

College opens a door to newfound independence, but sometimes we can’t ignore the little kid inside of us who just needs her mom.

1. Money

Even though there are a dozen more reasons why we love her, it doesn’t hurt when your Mom gives you a few extra bucks to treat yourself with. I mean, it can never hurt to have some extra Starbucks money.

2. Grocery shopping partner

Grocery stores are intimidating and expensive. Going grocery shopping with your mom guarantees some high quality grocery selections with all the deliciousness and none of the drama. Plus, she might split the cost with you and help you squeeze it all into your micro-mini fridge.

3. Nice dinners

Nothing beats a night out on the town when you get to eat at a restaurant without grilled cheese or instant noodles on the menu. Going out for food when your mom comes to visit is always a stellar way to spend the evening. There’s no one more fun to split sweet potato fries with than Mom.

4. Gossip

Although you love spending every waking moment with the amazing new friends you’ve made at school, sometimes you reach your limit. Every now and then a good venting session is totally necessary and who better to word vomit to?

5. Top notch life advice

Chances are, you’re probably in the middle of your fifth identity crisis since starting college by the time your mom comes to visit. The best part, though, is that your mom is the world’s best therapist. Finally, you have someone to explain the current dire situation to, and by the end of the conversation, she will have wrapped all of your problems up in a beautiful bow.

6. A classic mom hug

Sometimes a hug is all you need.

Freshman at Emerson College, theater kid, coffee addict, and Delawarian at heart.
Emerson contributor