5 Tips for Spring 2015 Registration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s weird to think about, but Spring semester 2015 is right around the corner and it’s not even Thanksgiving yet! While the thought of planning your next semester might be daunting, now is the time to take a look at future classes and scheduling. Take a look at these 5 Tips for Spring Registration to make sure you’re next semester is the best it can be!

1. Know your registration time!

It’s annoying when you can’t get into the class you really want because it’s already filled up, but it’s extra annoying when it’s already filled up because you were late registering! Since Emerson lets students register at a certain time based on how many credits they have, make sure you check out how many credits you currently have and what date and time you can start registering! 

2. Being on a waitlist for a class is NOT the end of the world! 

We’ve all experienced that level of disappointment when we don’t get the class that we really wanted but don’t freak out! Instead, get on the waitlist right away! If the class you wanted is full but offers you the option to join a waitlist, do it immediately because there will only be 5 waitlist seats available. From the time you sign up on the waitlist until January 16th, you have the chance at getting in the class so check your email over winter break often!  

3. Think ahead

Spring semester sometimes feels like a distant future, but it’s really not and like all new semesters, everything will be changing. Internship interviews are going on now and it’s important to give the chance that you will be offered the internship a thought when planning your schedule for next semester. Make sure you give yourself days off during the week to meet the specific number of hour requirements for your *hopefully* new Spring internship. 

4. Have a plan B 

Always have a backup plan when it comes to classes because there might not always be an option to sign yourself up for a waitlist for a class you want. When registering, always make sure you have an extra set of 4 classes and times that you would be interested in taking if you prefer not to be on a waitlist, or if that option is not available. Having a plan B when it comes to class registration will save you a lot of stress and time. To check out the course listings for Spring 2015, click here

5. Stay Organized!

With the end of the semester being so stressful with finals and projects, it’s easy to let important dates and events pass right by. Take a minute and write down these  dates in your schedule so you don’t miss any important information when registering! 

Emerson’s Important Dates For Registration! 

• November 3-16: Undergraduate and Graduate Advising
  • November 17-24: Undergraduate and Graduate Registration
  • December 1: Registration closed for departmental review
  • December 2: Eligible students may overload
  • December 16: Last day to join a waitlist
  • January 16: Waitlisting closed, all remaining students removed from waitlists
Emerson contributor