Me holding my friend David\'s hand
Me holding my friend David\'s hand
Kait D\'Souza
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

When it comes to first dates, it’s hard to decide on an activity that isn’t the same old dinner and a movie. Here are five first date ideas that are not only unique but will help you get to know your date better in a fun way.

building a lego set

This one is kind of expensive depending on the set you buy, but a fun date for the creative builder in all of us would be shopping around Target for a Lego set both of you like and then going home or to a coffee shop to build it together. Not only do you get to flashback to your childhood with your significant other, but you also get a fun souvenir from your date.

baking treats

While this date can be difficult especially in a dorm, if you can get all of the ingredients and equipment together into a kitchen with your partner, it could be a lot of fun to bake brownies, cookies, or some other dessert together. Bonus: After they come out of the oven, you could have some delicious treats to share together that make kissing sweeter.

movie marathon

If you have the space, making a pillow fort with your partner would be a lot of fun. String lights and a lot of snacks are essential, and then all you need is your favourite movies cued up on your laptop as you and your date cuddle together. The smaller your fort, the closer you and your significant other have to snuggle for your viewing party.

escape room

Don’t do this if you and your partner are prone to arguing, but an escape room is a fun way for the two of you to work together to get out of a sticky situation. Not only can an escape room be a fun way to learn together and test your brain’s strength, but you can be as ridiculous as you two want without worrying about someone other than the game master seeing you.

indoor skydiving

If you and your date are adrenaline seekers, this date idea is perfect for you. Not only do you get to grow closer in your shared thrilling experience, but you can hold hands as you indoor skydive together.

Do you have any unique ideas to share? Tweet them to us @HCEmerson!

Cats, spaghetti, and the Oxford comma.