Turner Rouse, ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Turner Rouse
Age: 22
Year: Senior
Hometown: Flat Rock, NC
Major: Music Theatre
Relationship Status: Single

What are you involved in on campus? MT 2012, Rip_Chord

How do you like to spend your free time? Playing guitar, piano, and writing music

What’s your favorite…
Outdoor activity: Soccer
Movie to quote: If i knew French, Amelie
Type of food: Mac and Cheese with Grilled Chicken!
Elon memory: ALL of Freshman year.

Got a celebrity crush? Heidi Klumm!!

What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I make Hip-Hop/Electronica beats on a digital instrument called a Roland SP-606

If you were awarded a superlative, what would it be? One to cry at the most inappropriate of times. haha

Describe your ideal first date? We meet at a quant restaurant for dinner and a beer (or 2) then we walk around the town (obviously a cool town to walk around in like Paris or NYC…not Burlington, NC), there is a man walking around selling Roses, I buy her a rose, we come upon a performance space with an unattended piano, and I serenade her until I have pulled her into my heart! :D We walk home in a light mist until it starts down-pouring and we run around in the rain. We finally find a spot hidden from the rain, and THE FIRST KISS happens!! The journey begins! :)

Describe your dream girl? Good humor, beautiful on the inside and out, healthy (mentally and physically), interest in music (whatever genre it is), appreciation for the arts, laughs at my jokes :)

Any relationship advice? It’s all about communication. Whatever it is, get it out and into the universe. As soon as one bottles up emotions or even little issues, these things tend to snowball into unnecessary drama. Keep it light! Try to find the humor in situations and stay true to who YOU are.

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.