Spring into Shape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

What! Is it Spring Break already? But I am not in shape yet! If you are one of the girls saying this to yourself then keep reading!

Spring Break is one of the times that you want to make sure you are in the best shape because obviously boys, beaches, and bikinis. It is obvious that girls start to eat healthier and work out more when Spring Break is approaching. So if you are one of those girls I am here to help you!

First thing is first: your eating habits. Food is one thing that you can put a control on if you are a girl in college, especially if you are living off campus, and even if you are living on campus Elon now has healthy options, so hit those up! Start eating more vegetables and instead of deciding that you want ice cream and cookies at 12 a.m. go for the fruit or fill yourself up with water instead, trust me it will be worth it in the end.

Another thing you can do is focus on eating smaller amounts more often throughout the day so that your metabolism is always running and thus burning more calories. And lastly make sure you are hydrating! Drink a lot of fluids because the more hydrated you stay the better of your skin will glow!

That brings me to my next point. You want your skin to glow in that sunshine? Well then as I said previously, drink lots of fluid and keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. Maybe even give yourself an at home facial. All of the tips and tricks for a fabulous spring break body can be found all over. It is the hot topic now that Spring is coming in hot.

Lastly, we all know ladies love to strut around the gym (once they have the bodies they want of course!), so when your working on your fitness, make sure to try some of these workouts. Visit these websites like Women’s Health and SELF for good body workout videos and tips:

So ladies that’s all I have for you but I bet if you do the things I have told you, you will be the beach babe you always wanted to be!

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.