This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

As the days tick away and sorority formals creep closer, the number of available dresses dwindles. Nobody wants to settle for a dress at the last minute, so starting the search early is crucial. Whether you like taking the time to shop and try on or prefer selecting your dress from bed on your laptop, here’s a list of great places to start!

Shops Nearby

$ Dillard’s or T.J. Maxx: If you are a gifted bargain hunter, both of these stores have great potential! Both located in Burlington, these department stores often have a wide selection of dresses for super low prices.

$$ Mynt: Every Elon girl knows it and admires the window displays as they walk by on their way to The Root. The boutique typically has a good selection of dresses for spring, and many that work for formal occasions. They are a little pricey, but worth it for a well-made, designer dress that you will wear long after formal.

If you have a bit more time…

Ivy and Leo (Greensboro): Available in-store or online, this boutique is the place to go for unique dresses at a reasonable cost.

Altar’d State (Greensboro): The dresses at this shop have a bit more of a casual feel, but with the perfect accessory you can have a unique, trendy formal look. This store also works on a cool model that gives back to the community with their sales!

Online

$ Necessary Clothing: Similar to everyone’s favorites, Tobi and Asos, Necessary Clothing is a great shopping site. With endless color options and styles, you’re bound to find something you love.

$$ Rent the Runway: Designer dresses for much, much less! This site offers straight off the runway looks at very reasonable prices. Although you won’t get to keep the dress, you’ll look like a model in pictures. There are lots of reps on Elon’s campus that can tell you more!

$$$ Shop Bop: A more expensive option, but a huge selection. With hundreds of designers to choose from, this site offers high quality dresses that you’ll want to wear over and over again.