Meet Taylor Timper!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Meet Taylor Timper!

Where are you from?

Lynchburg, Virginia

How old are you?

19

What is your major?

Sociology

Where did you go to high school?

Virginia Episcopal School, a boarding school in Lynchburg.

Did you board there or commute?

I was a day student, so commute. The “commute” was 5 minutes though.

What was it like to go to a boarding school without boarding there?

I just didn’t feel like I was included all the time. Everyone lived together and I didn’t, but I didn’t feel like that held me back though. You really spent all your time at school so the relationships I had were actually closer than most. Even as a day student I was there from 8 in then morning until at least 10 at night. Class would end at 3 so from 3:30 to 5:30 we had mandatory sports and then from 5:30 to 6:30 was dinner and then from 7 to 9 was study hall. And then I would go to my friend’s rooms and hang out with them and then 11 was lights out and that’s when the day students would have to go home.

What did you learn from that experience that you brought with you to Elon?

I slept with my friends in dorms and spent a lot of time in dorm rooms. I knew everything I needed to buy for school because I had friends who already did it. The time management was a big take away and my days were so structured. Even now I’m most productive during 7 to 9:30, like my body is so structured to it and the muscle memory of it all.

Just a girl who loves soup, Krispy Kreme and parmesan twists.