This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Meet the creative Ali Ryan!

Where are you from?

Ridgefield, Connecticut

What year are you?

Sophomore

What is your major/minor?

Strategic communications with a minor in digital art

What is your future chair position for your organization, Alpha Chi Omega?

Social Media Chair

What made you want to apply for this position?

I wanted to help the representation of Alpha Chi and wanted a better representation of our new members. I also thought it would be good experience to have because I want to go into PR for my career. Social media is also just something I’m passionate about because I think it’s a great way to express yourself.

One of my favorite things to do is to browse Instagram and look at different feeds and overall aesthetics. It helps to give me inspiration, turning different editing styles into my own. I have a variety apps I use and I have recently gained more experience using Adobe programs that have helped me broaden my abilities. I keep a running list on my phone of different designs I’ve seen that I like.

What are you most looking forward to?

I’m looking forward to incorporating my own ideas as well as ideas from my sisters. I’m also excited to create a nice flow to our feed and be more involved in the chapter.

What are your plans for the social media accounts?

I want to make the accounts stand out from other organizations and promote sisterhood and Alpha Chi’s values.

Currently studying strategic communications with a minor in professional sales at Elon University.