Kevin Barr, ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Kevin Barr
Age: 22
Year: Senior
Hometown: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Major: Economics & Finance
Relationship Status: Happily Taken

What are you involved in on campus?
I am the President of Club Ice Hockey, probably the most fun club on campus.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to have a lot on my plate pretty much all the time, so this list might get long but you asked for it. When it comes to sports and activities I enjoy everything, whether it’s playing hockey, cycling, rock climbing, paying tennis, and occasionally beach volleyball I’m always in. When I’m not being active I really enjoy cooking, especially trying new, challenging recipes. I even brew my own beer every now and then and it’s not half bad. If I truly have “free” time you will probably find me on a porch, chatting with my friends, and relaxing.

What’s your favorite…
T
hing about Elon: The great people I’ve met here
YouTube video: I always laugh at David after Dentist
Restaurant: Amada in Philly, unbelievable Spanish Tapas
City in the world: Barcelona – good food, weather, and culture

Got a celebrity crush? Scarlett Johanssen

Any hidden talents? I can drive and operate a Zamboni although it often doesn’t come in handy. I can also juggle, but nothing sharp or on fire.

Describe your ideal date? Dinner, drinks and a scenic view in a beautiful foreign country New Zealand and Costa Rica come to mind.

Describe your dream girl? Sweet, thoughtful, fun and adventurous. I also cross my fingers that she will laugh at my bad jokes.

Any relationship advice? Communication is what it’s all about and don’t forget to have fun.

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.