This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Camo has been a timeless question of trashy or trendy. Recently, as shows like Duck Dynasty have become more popular, Camo has seemed increasingly tacky.

When Honey Boo Boo’s Mama June wore a full Camo wedding dress, fashionistas everywhere were blinded. However, this fall’s runway was chock full of fun Camo prints; the trend was even seen in each city’s individual Fall Fashion Weeks!

As all of us know, sometimes truly high-fashion trends do not catch on to what is considered mainstream “trendy” by college students. However, brace yourselves, Camo has.

Camo is EVERYWHERE. J. Crew, for instance, has jumped in full force featuring the latest in Camo t-shirts, scarves, and vests.  The UK brand ASOS, offers even more than J. Crew; the large majority of these brand’s styles are priced around or just under 60 dollars! Valentino and Alexander McQueen are examples of more luxury designers that are supporting and styling with Camo. Fashion Blogs like Pink Peonies and Hello cannot get enough of this sporty new style!

Camo is being mixed and matched with bright colors and shiny fabrics. The typically rough and dark color palate is complimented well with bright red and yellow accents. Sequins and chambray have also been paired with the print to make it more feminine.

Stylists and shoppers alike have been mixing and matching this trend to make it their own, but one thing is certain, Camo is here to stay!

I am a senior Strategic Communications major and Painting minor and Elon University.