This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Maggie Looney

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Annapolis, Maryland

Majoring: Strategic Communications

When did you first go to California?

I first went to California over the spring break of my junior year of high school. I had begged my parents to visit the Los Angeles area for as long as I can remember.

Why did you fall in love with California?

I fell in love with California for multiple reasons. It was the first place I had ever been where it truly felt like home. As much as Southern California is a chill and relaxed place, there is a certain energy out there that is undeniable. Everyone out there is chasing their dream and striving every day to be the best version of themselves. Those are the kind of people I want to be around. The endless summer weather doesn’t hurt either.

What are your plans for moving to California?

I hope to move to California soon after I graduate and work in the entertainment industry. Hollywood fascinates me so I want to learn all about what happens behind the scenes and live my own LA story.

Hi, I'm Olivia! I am from Massachusetts and am a current Sophomore at Elon. I'm majoring in Public Health with a minor in communications. I love writing about fashion and entertainment!