Bring It On Punxsutawney Phil!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Just a few days ago on Groundhog Day, the legendary Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring. If you don’t know about Groundhog Day and Phil’s majestic powers, it is quite simple. Every year on February 2nd, Punxsutawney Phil will come up from his hole at the end of hibernation and if does not “see his shadow” he then returns to his hole, and we are destined to have 6 more weeks of winter. This year, Phil did see his shadow, which is a sign that spring is coming!

So, how can college students take full advantage of this beautiful weather coming our way?

1.    Take that homework outside!

Getting outside and lying in the center of campus to do work, or just hanging with friends, is a great stress reliever. Rays of sunshine boost levels of serotonin in our body – our natural “happy” hormone. Even if it’s just for 15 minutes, it is important to get your daily dose of sunshine!

2.    Break out the flats and espadrilles!

Spring is a perfect time to put away the thick, heavy boots and break out the cute flats! Brands like Steve Madden and Tory Burch offer some of the cutest, most comfortable springtime shoes.

3.    Grab some friends and go to Hanging Rock State Park!

Hanging Rock is a state park with more than 20 miles of hiking trails that loop around beautiful waterfalls and streams!

4.    Spend a night walking around the beautiful downtown areas of Greensboro or Raleigh with a special someone!

Raleigh and Greensboro are filled with beautiful restaurants like Print Works and Cowfish. They are the perfect spots to bring a few friends, relax, shop around and eat with!

5.    Get rid of that dark and dreary wardrobe and makeup set!

Spring is a time to switch out that navy or dark red nail polish for a pastel/spring color. It’s getting to the time when that “all black” outfit you wear everyday isn’t as appropriate for the weather! Spice up your outfit with some light pink or white, put away that computer and enjoy the sun!

New Hampshire, Elon Class of 2019