The Best Products for Your Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

We’re always looking for the make up or skin products that are just right for us. Typically, make up is the number one reason that we get a break out or reaction on our skin. Thankfully, there are some pretty fantastic make up products for our skin all around us!

Kora Organics by Miranda Kerr 

We all know Miranda Kerr as the beautiful model that has taken our breath away. But I bet many of you did not know that she is also a qualified health practitioner. That’s right, her Kora Organics beauty brand is making quite a mark in skin history. Kerr uses certified organic ingredients and uses cruelty-free and non-toxic products. 

Kerr told Vogue Magazine, “I launched Kora Organics following four years of product development with my organic pharmacist. I spent years trying and testing the formulas myself until I was 100 percent satisfied – I think it’s very important to know and make educated decisions about what you put on your skin.”

Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals is founded on the belief that all women can achieve beautiful, healthy-looking skin.

Bare Escentuals has been around since 1970 and offers skin care and make up products that are healthy and safe for your skin. They even have Get Started Kits that give you exactly what you need when starting to use Bare Escentual products. According to the website, the Get Started Kit offers, “A 9-piece collection that gives you everything you need to achieve complexion perfection from foundation to finishing touch.”

Neutrogena 

Neutrogena makes all different lotions and make up that is perfect for any skin type. According to collegefashion.net, “Neutrogena’s Skin Clearing Foundation is oil-free and contains salicylic acid, which means you can cover blemishes and treat them at the same time, though its finish is a bit too sheer if you need to cover hyperpigmentation or scarring.”

Neutrogena has vitamin E, natural soy, and wild chamomile in their products that helps soothe and calm skin as well as help defend against dull or dry skin.

Clinique

Clinique offers fragrances, skin care products and make up that is healthy for your skin. Clinique makeup is known for “providing cosmetic users with gentle makeup and effective skincare.” Clinique is also tested to help create products that are healthier and cleaner for consumers.

The make up is owned by Estee Lauder and is designed to fit specific skincare needs of women, and has been around since the early 1960s. Clinique is used by women with allergies and sensitive skin. 

Now that you have heard a little more about these awesome make up and skin brands and products, check out your local drug stores and test some of these out!

My name is Tatum Pederson and I am a senior at Elon University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Digital Art. I am currently Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Elon and I am an Entertainment Editor for Elon University’s magazine, The Edge. This summer, I was an Entertainment Intern at Niche Media in New York City. I learned how to transcribe interviews, assist at photo shoots, and conduct research on various entertainment topics. Last year, I was an Art and Editorial Intern at ELLE Decor magazine. At this internship, I worked closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Michael Boodro. I edited a “Behind The Scenes” video for the September 2014 Online Shopping section and was also published in the October 2014 issue. Two summers ago, I was an Entertainment Intern for Pink and Black magazine. I researched and wrote numerous articles involving media and entertainment. I am an extremely organized and creative student with experience in both a fast-paced environment and the magazine industry.