Style

Beautiful Browns: A Guide To Wearing Dark Neutrals This Fall

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

As the warm weather withers away and the brisk air rolls in, it’s time to start anew. What used to be a dreaded time is now one of simple beauty. 

Whether it’s through fashion, decor or food, there are so many ways to capture the essence of the fall season. This year, let us bid farewell to the misconception that you can’t wear black and brown alongside one another. It’s time to embrace all things brown.

And it’s not often that a fashion trend is both accessible and practical. Dark neutrals are just that.

Here are three ways to welcome these beautiful browns into your wardrobe this fall: 

Monochrome Magic

A chic brown monochrome look is guaranteed to turn heads this season. One of the simplest ways to pull off the dark neutrals trend is by going monochromatic. There is something about brown-toned clothing that elevates standard street style, especially when you incorporate textures and varying hues into the look. If you ever wanted to experiment with color, go all out with a brown monochrome moment. 

Timeless Turtleneck 

Cozy and chic, turtlenecks are a fall staple. Whether it’s a casual day out or a night on the town, a brown, or neutral-colored turtleneck is a must-have. This season, try your turtleneck under a sweater vest or pair it with an earth-toned jacket, neutral pants and white booties. You are bound to make the street your runway. 

Whether it’s a casual day out with the girls or a classy night out on the town, a brown turtleneck is a staple this season. Paired with an earth-toned jacket, neutral pants and white booties, you are bound to make the street your runway. 

Lovely Layering

Layering is almost essential as the cooler months roll in. And wearing layers becomes even easier when you have neutrals hanging in your closet. By adding even just a fashionable jacket or coat over top of a fitted long-sleeve and jeans, your outfit is instantly elevated. 

Miranda is a junior at Elon University pursuing her B.A. in Journalism and Communication Design with a minor in Dance. She is the Lifestyle Editor at Elon News Network. In her spare time, Miranda enjoys shopping, traveling and spending time with friends and family.