This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, most anyone can think about is the amazing food served. I asked Elon students to tell me their favorite foods to eat this time of year and here are the results! 

1. Mashed Potatoes

Starting the list off right. To be honest who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? They’re a holiday favorite that I love eating year round. Nothing makes you feel more at home than a big bowl of mashed potatoes. 

2. Stuffing 

You’ll feel full all week from all the stuffing consumed during dinner, and let’s be honest while you cook. No left overs will be in sight when stuffing’s around so get ready to unbutton your pants because no one will judge you, it’s family right?

3. Pie

My personal favorite Thanksgiving food rounds out number 3 on the list.  With so many choices you can’t go wrong: pumpkin, cherry, apple, the list goes on! Make sure you leave some room after dinner this year for the delicious pie your grandma probably made.

4. Gravy

While this isn’t a food it was at the top of Elon student’s list of favorites. Gravy goes on everything and makes it all so much more delicious so pass the boat and hope it doesn’t run out!

5. Turkey 

You can’t go wrong with a classic. Turkey is a staple at Thanksgiving and rightly so. It’s the most delicious centerpiece there ever was. Plus nothing smells better than your family cooking a big turkey in the oven!

Enjoy your Thanksgivings and don’t forget to give thanks for all of the delicious food on your table!

I am a senior at Elon University majoring in Strategic Communications and minoring in professional writing. I love writing, fashion, and London and hope to combine my passions as a career some day. When I'm not doing homework I am probably binge watching new girl or finding new gluten free recipes online.